Hi guys, it has been a long time I did a wash day post even though I have washed my hair practically almost every week or two weeks. Due to some circumstances I have had to conduct a heavy protein treatment every 2 weeks for almost 4 weeks. Let me explain before you scream, I was to get a cornrows style installed about 4 weeks ago but my hair stylist didn’t quite get the style so I had to adjust the style and used it for 2 weeks.
Then I wanted to install a weave and leave it for 3 weeks but the hair stylist (another one) didn’t install it properly and I was not impressed with the quality of the weave and I removed it after one week but I left the tracks (the cornrows underneath the weave) and wore a wig. There! You see it was not my fault. I had to do the heavy protein treatment that frequently because i always do a protein treatment before i install a long term protective style. I just hope I don’t suffer from protein overload.
Anyway here is how my wash day went. It was a pretty fast one because I had to do it after work.
1. I prepooed for 30 minutes with my oil mix and Emily millionaire’s coconut oil and herbs cream. I covered with a plastic bag and shower cap for 30 minutes.
2. I washed my hair once with my diluted VO5 Shampoo (which is sulfate based)
3. I then applied my protein treatment with consisted of mayonnaise, mustard oil, egg yolk and half of the egg white. I covered up with a plastic bag and a shower cap for 30 minutes.
4. I rinsed with water and did a tea rinse made with Lipton tea bags that I had steeped in the morning. I poured the tea and let it stay on my hair and drain for some minutes. Then covered up with a plastic bag for 20 minutes.
5. I then applied my moisturizing deep conditioning mix, covered with a plastic bag, shower cap and a conditioning cap for 45 minutes. Then rinsed off with cold water.
6. I wrapped my hair with a micro towel for about 10 minutes. Then left my hair to air dry for a while. When it was about 60 % dried, I applied my leave in conditioners and continued air drying till my hair was 80% dried. I applied my moisturizing lotion, oil mix and my fluffy shea butter. I then detangled and was happy with the little amount of hair that I lost. I have decided not to detangle when my hair is wet even after deep conditioning. I realized that my fine hair is more fragile when really wet.
I was happy with the way my hair was after my wash. It was really soft and moisturised. My hair seems to be gaining a bit of length. I see a lot of growth but maybe it is all in my mind. I have been on a quest to see how virgin hair fertilizer and castor oil work as a hair growth aid. Hopefully it would work well for me.
That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by guys…
Uhmmmmm....I am not sure I remember the last time Tibs washed my own hair...**sigh** Laziness at its peak...ReplyDelete
Ernie!!!! *super shocked* You need to wash your hair by yourself sometimes. I like washing my hair myself because I don't trust all these Nigerian hairstylists....Delete
wow you are really dedicated i am such a lazy naturalista lolReplyDelete
Me, I am lazy in trying new stuff or techniques but I love washing my hair. I really want at least full bra strap length/mid back length by next year April...Delete
This comment has been removed by the author.Delete
Nice wash day post. You should post more. Why not take hair progress pics so you can track your growth and thickness monthly and know for sureReplyDelete
Thanks. I think I would try to do so.Delete
Your article is very helpful for me.ReplyDelete
keep up the good workReplyDelete