Hi guys, it has been a long time I did a wash day post even though I have washed my hair practically almost every week or two weeks. Due to some circumstances I have had to conduct a heavy protein treatment every 2 weeks for almost 4 weeks. Let me explain before you scream, I was to get a cornrows style installed about 4 weeks ago but my hair stylist didn’t quite get the style so I had to adjust the style and used it for 2 weeks.
Then I wanted to install a weave and leave it for 3 weeks but the hair stylist (another one) didn’t install it properly and I was not impressed with the quality of the weave and I removed it after one week but I left the tracks (the cornrows underneath the weave) and wore a wig. There! You see it was not my fault. I had to do the heavy protein treatment that frequently because i always do a protein treatment before i install a long term protective style. I just hope I don’t suffer from protein overload.
Anyway here is how my wash day went. It was a pretty fast one because I had to do it after work.
1. I prepooed for 30 minutes with my oil mix and Emily millionaire’s coconut oil and herbs cream. I covered with a plastic bag and shower cap for 30 minutes.
2. I washed my hair once with my diluted VO5 Shampoo (which is sulfate based)
3. I then applied my protein treatment with consisted of mayonnaise, mustard oil, egg yolk and half of the egg white. I covered up with a plastic bag and a shower cap for 30 minutes.
4. I rinsed with water and did a tea rinse made with Lipton tea bags that I had steeped in the morning. I poured the tea and let it stay on my hair and drain for some minutes. Then covered up with a plastic bag for 20 minutes.
5. I then applied my moisturizing deep conditioning mix, covered with a plastic bag, shower cap and a conditioning cap for 45 minutes. Then rinsed off with cold water.
6. I wrapped my hair with a micro towel for about 10 minutes. Then left my hair to air dry for a while. When it was about 60 % dried, I applied my leave in conditioners and continued air drying till my hair was 80% dried. I applied my moisturizing lotion, oil mix and my fluffy shea butter. I then detangled and was happy with the little amount of hair that I lost. I have decided not to detangle when my hair is wet even after deep conditioning. I realized that my fine hair is more fragile when really wet.
I was happy with the way my hair was after my wash. It was really soft and moisturised. My hair seems to be gaining a bit of length. I see a lot of growth but maybe it is all in my mind. I have been on a quest to see how virgin hair fertilizer and castor oil work as a hair growth aid. Hopefully it would work well for me.
That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by guys…