Oh my God guys! I am super, super, super, super excited. I have been nominated for the first time evvvvvvverrrrrrr for the liebster award. I have been blogging off and on for almost 3 years and this is my first nomination. I used to see other blogs get nominated and I wondered when I would get nominated and lo and behold, Uzoma of http://donttouchthehair.com nominated me recently. Whoop! Whoop!! Thank you girl...muchos gracias
When I saw my blog on her nominees list, I was totally shocked. I even clicked on the link to confirm if it was my very own blog. And surprise, surprise, it was my own. If you have hair issues and want to find out how to achieve healthy hair you should check her out.
So What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award has been passed on through the blogging community for many years. “Liebster” is a German word that can mean kindest, dearest, or beloved. The Liebster Award is a blog award nomination presented to novice bloggers in an effort to spread blog love and increase blog exposure.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link back to their blog
- Answer the 10 questions provided by the blog that nominated you
- Provide 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Let your nominees know of their award
To find out more and the benefits involved in accepting, check out http://lorrainemariereguly.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/. She wrote a wonderful entry on the award.
Now it is time to answer my questions. They are as follows:
(1) Why did you decide to start a blog? : I started a blog because I felt that I had some things to say and that those things might make someone’s life a little bit better. My blog is a blog about turning little things that happen in my day to day life into adventures. It is supposed to motivate people to enjoy everything about life. Lessons I learn and my views on things that happen in my life are the basis for my blog entries. Besides i couldn't yap a lot on facebook so I took up blogging…..lol
(2) What is your favorite thing about blogging?: I can yap all I want and have so much fun doing it. Blogging helps me offload a lot of stress. It is like having a personal shrink. I am calmer after i write a blog post and it helps me balance the severity of my 9-5 (or rather 8-5) job. I also love when people read and compliment me on my efforts.
(3) If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why?: Belize, Mexico. I remember reading an article about Belize and seeing pictures of the clear blue sea and beaches, it was spectacular. I was about 17 then and I wished I would one day go there. I also would love to go to paris and spain but my first choice would always be Belize.
(4) List one interesting fact about yourself: I do things for myself and not for people. I have decided that since I have just one life to live, I am going to live it for God and me. No need living my life for someone else and that person would live his or her life for themselves, which would mean the person has 2 lives to live. No way! I please no one but me, I never follow the crowd.
(5) Fanta or Coke?: Coke! Coke!! Coke!!! Is fanta a drink? I am a coke addict. I used to drink about 50 cl everyday then reduced it to 35cl every day. But lately due to some palpitations that recently occurred, I have had to reduce it to 35cl every 3 -4 days. My doctor says avoid completely and I say ‘you have got to be kidding me’. Oh no! I have started craving coke again just thinking about it……*wailing.
(6) What is your favorite TV series?: Without thinking about it, “the new adventures of Lois and Clark (superman) featuring Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher”. Oh my God! I love this series. I totally love Dean and Teri together( even wished they got together in real life, they are so cute together). I bought the whole 4 series (pirated version *coveringmyface) about some years ago when I was a corp member cos didn’t have enough money to buy the original copy but I have recently started acquiring the original/genuine dvd online. I can’t wait to have the whole series. I absolutely love it….(sorry, I yapped again).
(7) What three words that best describe your hair?: Right now, coily, coily, coily. My hair is in its natural state for now and it is super coily and I think because of that it breaks more than normal. I can’t touch my hair without a strand following my fingers. I don’t know what exactly the problem is.
(8) What is your favourite piece of clothing or accessory in your wardrobe?: Stick on bra/nipple pasties. I am small in the chest area and sometimes the bras I have might be visible under the shirt or gown I am wearing, with my recently acquired stick on bra, I can wear anything now. Love, love, love the freedom and choices it gives me.
(9) Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?: I really don’t know if I have a hidden talent. I am still struggling to understand what talents I have.
(10) What is your favorite song?: I don’t have a favourite song.
Whew! I am through answering the questions, now it is time for me to ask my own questions and also nominate some blogs. Here we go.
The questions for my nominees are:
(1) Why did you decide to start a blog?
(2) What do you love about blogging?
(3) If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why?:
(4) Who was your celebrity crush when growing up and right now?
(5) What do you love best about your body?
(6) Fanta, coke or sprite?
(7) List one interesting fact about yourself:
(8) Thor, Superman, Spiderman, Captain America? Who is your favourite?
(9) Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? What are your dreams?
(10) What is your favourite color?
My nominated blogs are …………drumroll please......
That is all folks. Once again thanks to Uzoma of http://donttouchthehair.com. I really appreciate the nomination.
I have to go now. I need to follow the rule of letting my nominees know about the award and I also need to read (17 more days to my presentation….). Thanks for reading.