I hope you like it...
How to Get Motivated When the Going Gets Tough
While there are many among us who love to put off things for later, even the ones who are usually raring to go have those off days when all things seem insurmountable.
Someone once said “You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.”
If you can relate with that, you are not alone; there are some days when I don’t feel like getting up from the bed too. It is up to each one of us to understand that it is normal to feel depressed, angry or hurt when things do not go the way we want them to.
Here are a few tips on how to get motivated and get your life out of the rut.
1. Take the first step.The initial steps are often the most difficult and tricky, but once you have made it through the hard stuff, it is only going to get easier. You just have to keep at it!
2. Set realistic goals.If you have set yourself a goal of losing 10 kilos in 2 weeks, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Break down your long-term goals into short, realistic goals within your limits and capabilities. Create a detailed plan of action that will help you determine what you need to do to move towards your goal.
Write it down somewhere in a prominent place so that you always have a physical reminder on how to get motivated. Be flexible enough to make the necessary changes and have a back-up plan in place in case things don’t work out the first time.
3. Keep a track of how far you have come.So what if you are not able to run like the marathon-addict next door? You have come a long way from the time when you were barely able to run a kilometer without collapsing. Reward yourself for your successes for an additional motivational factor!
4. Understand that failure is a part of the journey.You just have to pick yourself and continue going till you hit your rhythm again. Do not give up when you hit the first roadblock. Work on your failures and turn them into your stepping stones.
5. Stay away from the pessimists.Stay away from the cynics and wet blankets who don’t need a reason to pull you down each time. If you are surrounded by negative energy, it becomes very difficult to get inspired or to make a positive effort.
6. Get motivated even when you feel low.Find out what is causing you energy levels to dip every now and often and deal with them. Are you getting enough sleep? Are you skipping your meals? Or is there some other issue plaguing you?
7. Bid goodbye to boredom.It is time to take a break when you start seeing red each time you think of the chores pending before you. Mix it up, hit the gym, play some music or watch a movie to take your mind off the things that you need to complete.
You will lose some time for sure, but you will return refreshed and in a better frame of mind to finish your task without the need to wonder how to get motivated again.
To read the full article check out www.pickyourgoals.com/motivation/how-to-get-motivated/.
Thanks for stopping by guys and remember you are an original not a photocopy. Do not compare yourself with others.
If you have set yourself a goal of losing 10 kilos in 2 weeks, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Break down your long-term goals into short, realistic goals within your limits and capabilities. ----Realistic goals.....That caught my attention....Nice post mami..ReplyDelete
Thanks, i am glad you liked it. The website has really cool articles and i like visiting them to recharge my emotional batteries. Thanks for stopping byDelete
I really like this post-- some very good tips and advice in there! Sometimes I need to give myself a good reality check as well because I feel depressed or bored for no good reason. Then I realize that I have prioritizing the wrong things and that my mindset needs to be changed. As well, right now I'm on a super long vacation from work and school since I'm in Asia-- it's so strange to be so free with my time as I'm usually super busy with either working or hanging out with people. I guess I just need to stay focused and in track of my goals!ReplyDelete
I am glad you liked it. I hope you remember to stay focused always. Thanks for stopping byDelete
Such great tips! Very inspiring indeed :)ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete