After wearing a wig for 2 weeks (which I didn’t like) I washed my hair again in preparation for the Ghana weaving (conrows) and braids that I wanted to be installed.
I tried some new things and loved how my hair felt afterwards. Here is what I did….
1. I prepooed with hot oil on my scalp and my Emily millionaire coconut oil cream to one half of my hair because I ran out of the cream. To the other half I applied the hot oil to the length of the hair and also to my scalp. Covered with a plastic bag and a wig cap and left it overnight on Friday.
2. I washed with my diluted VO5 shampoo the next morning and the part with the coconut oil cream was waaaaayyyyy softer than the other part with the oil. Definitely buying more of the coconut cream when my self-imposed ban on buying hair products has been lifted.
3. My protein treatment consisted of food mayonnaise, egg yolk with a little bit of egg white, various oils. Covered with a plastic bag and 2 shower caps then did some house chores and left it on for about 30 minutes. After rinsing off, my hair felt really stiff. Not to worry, i was going to balance the protein with my moisture based deep conditioner.
4. I did a tea rinse with brewed Top Tea (Ginger flavour).
5. I applied my deep moisturising condition mix on my hair ( I didn’t rinse off the tea just allowed a lot of it to drain). My mix consisted of Organics Tea tree oil/cholesterol conditioner, honey, castor oil, argan oil and a few drops of eucalyptus oil. It was my first time trying this combination but I think my hair loved it. I also loved it because of the eucalyptus oil. I also think I might be trying this out a lot but not too much because I heard that honey lightens the hair. I covered with a plastic bag, shower cap and my mother’s conditioning cap. Left it on for 2 hours while doing some more house chores and watching a movie.
6. I rinsed off with cold water. Allowed to dry a bit, applied my moisturising lotion and oils. Did you guys notice that I didn’t apply my leave in conditioners? I completely forgot. I was chatting with a friend and was distracted. It was when I was reading someone’s wash day post that I remembered. And I was about to go and weave my hair. I just applied my moisturizing leave in conditioner after sealing with my oil mix and went to the braider’s place.
I did like the way my hair felt and I do hope that because I conducted a hard protein treatment that my hair has been super fortified to withstand the stress of the Ghana weaving because mhen this hair really experienced some major pulling from my braider. I would have to warn her to be more gentle next time. I really hope I suffer minimal breakage when I loosen it in 3 weeks time. I don’t have any pictures of the weaving but I would try to remember to get some shots soon.
That is all for today. I hope to write my thoughts on the ongoing battle about the creation of Surgeon General’s post in Nigeria and another episode of the ‘Diva’s Ramblings’ should be coming up very soon.
Hey, I hope you have not forgotten about our savings challenge. This is week 5. My savings has been depleted majorly this week because of my mom’s visit but hey if I don’t spend it on her who would I spend it on? It is all good, more money would come.
Thanks for stopping by.