It has been quite a long journey with plenty of ups and downs but finally, we are here. We are more than 1000 Diva Navy Strong and I am extremely grateful to each and every one of my wonderful subscribers. Thank you for trusting me enough to subscribe to my channel and watching my videos.
To say thank you and because I believe that my story is for his glory and I should be able to reach one and teach one, I decided to make a video detailing all that I did to be able to gain 1000 subscribers in 30 days and also increase my views and watch time. I tried out all these 8things at the same time and cannot categorically say which one worked and which one did not work. It is a long video but I hope that someone is able to replicate my tips and my success.
Here are the 8 tips/strategies I used to gain 1000 subscribers:
1. Reorganise or Restrategise: After realising that 2 of my home remedies for hair care videos were doing well, I decided to change the focus of my channel and started uploading more of home remedies videos and stop uploading content that were not doing so well and didn’t fit into the new focus of my channel.
2. Daily upload challenge: A lot of Youtubers both tech and non tech have always claimed that consistency and frequency was essential in growing fast on youtube so I decided to challenge myself to upload daily for at least 30 days without any break. I uploaded every day from August 13th to October 1st and I noticed that my views and watch time increased drastically from August 17th.
3. Plan your content: Consistency is important to growing your channel. One way to keep yourself motivated and be consistent is planning your content ahead. A youtuber who was able to gain 50,000 subscribers in 1 month advised planning at least 2 months worth of content ahead. By doing so, you know what your videos should be all about and you can be motivated to upload videos even on days that you feel uninspired.
4. Do more SEO/Technical research: I had to learn more about search engine optimisation, keywords and keywords phrases and also including relevant tags in my videos. I downloaded the free version of Tubebuddy and it has been helpful. I still don’t know a lot about SEO and the technical aspect of youtube but I am learning every day.
5. Join Social media groups: I joined some social media groups that comprised of other smaller youtubers or just youtubers. My purpose of joining was to gain subscribers and learn about the tips or tricks to youtube success however I noticed earlier on that I was not getting subscribers or views from the groups. I left some groups that were not useful to me but I stayed in some that I was getting inspiration and knowledge from.
6. Look for small YouTubers you are interested in their content: I searched for small youtubers whose content I was interested in and I subscribed, watched, liked and commented on their videos. My hope was that they will reciprocate and even if they don’t, I already liked their content so my actions were not a total loss.
7. Self promote on bigger channels with an active community: I followed really big channels and usually left a meaningful comment and also self promoted my channel on their platforms.
8. Look at your analytics: I looked at my analytics and from my audience statistics I was able to decide the best time for me to publish my videos so that I could get more views within 24 hours.
For the full information, please watch the video.
I hope you enjoy the video and share it to help others.
Thanks for stopping by.